- Remove your jewellery before showering, sleeping, swimming, cleaning or working with your hands. There are many reasons for this - to prevent scratches, to avoid damage to your silver or gold plating from chemicals, and also to keep your jewellery and gem stones free from soap residue and build up.
- Clean your jewellery regularly. To do this, dilute a small amount of mild dishwashing detergent in warm water and gently wash your jewellery. A soft bristled toothbrush can be used to gently clean the piece, though do not use a brush on Gold plated or gold vermeil items as it will damage the gold surface. Soak for up to 10 minutes, rinse and then pat dry with a clean, soft cloth. We don’t recommend using silver polishing liquids or chemical cleaners to clean our jewellery and they should never be used on gold plated/gold vermeil pieces as it will remove the plating.
- Do not expose your jewellery to perfumes, hairsprays, or creams. They can tarnish your silver and damage gold plating.
- Do not expose your jewellery to household bleaches, cleaners, chlorinated water or salt water. These chemicals will damage your silver and remove gold plating. This is why it is important to take your jewellery off before cleaning or swimming.
- Do not clean textured pieces with silver polishing cloths. The polishing compound in the cloths will blacken the texture.
FREE SHIPPING Australia wide
FINAL CLEARANCE SALE Up to 50% off
30 DAY RETURNS Hassle free returns*
Like all beautiful things, our jewellery changes with time and wear. The shine of your silver will soften, gold plating will wear into an antiqued look, and textures will mellow and develop a subtle shine. These changes are a natural characteristic of the materials and are not considered faulty.
The rate at which these changes occur depend on the care they are given and the frequency they are worn. Treat your LINDA TAHIJA jewellery with love by following the below instructions to keep your piece in premium condition.